Today’s episode is all about the Druids! Alright, so it’s an introduction to modern Druidry, with an interview in “The Pagan Corner”. Plus, a bodice-ripping good time that has the occasional Druid and Immortal thrown in for good measure.
- winner of the Miso Crafty Knits project bag and a skein of yarn is: Anjanette (explodingpinecone on Ravelry)
- new contest for April - see photos/details below.
Eyes and Ears:
Karen Marie Moning's Highlander Romance novels (the "bodice-rippers"!) (Wiki page)
The Pagan Corner:
An interview with modern-day Druid Teo Bishop.
Books & Authors recommended by Teo:
Bonewits's Essential Guide to Druidism
John Michael Greer (not recommended directly on the podcast, but a great read)
The Druidry Handbook: Spiritual Practice Rooted in the Living Earth
Phillip Carr-Gomm (Chosen Chief Druid of OBOD)
Druid Mysteries: Ancient Wisdom for the 21st Century
Links to Druid Organizations
OBOD (Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids)
ADF (Ár nDraíocht Féin: A Druid Fellowship)
Bits I mentioned during/after the interview:
- Knitted Morse code - a CBC radio interview with Kristin Haring on the show "Spark" (scroll down the the section called "The Beauty of Binary".
- DJ Conway's book "Magick of the Gods & Goddesses"
- Joseph Campbell, writer of books on myth, religion and archetype.
Green Druid, "Dignity", from MusicAlley.com
Yarn to win this month - Springtree Road, Emeline sock (50% Merino/50% Silk, 434yards per 100grams) in "Anenome" colourway.