A bumper crop of show notes: (Sorry for the delay, folks!)
-Enter to win two skeins of blue/purple fingering merino/silk/nylon & silver over at the blog. Post a comment in the comments section for “Episode 10”. There is also a wonderful shawl pattern by Miriam Felton that can be knit with these two sparkly skeins. Deadline is Saturday, January 14th, 2012.
The Knitter's Needles:
“Off the Needles” Projects:
Elphaba Pullover, by Mary Annarella
yarn: Bugga! by Sanguine Gryphon, in Blue Metalmark
Wurm hat, by Katushika.
Yarn: The Sanguine Gryphon, Sappho II fingering, in “Like a God” colourway.
OWLS pullover sweater, by Kate Davies
Yarn: Fleece Artist, Big Blue BFL chunky/aran, in “Seafoam” colourway.
I completed the sweater in 8 days!
"On the Needles" Projects:
Rae, by Jane Richmond.
Yarn: Tanis Fiber Arts, Purple Label Sock (MCN), in September colourway “Autumn sun”.
Arco Cowl, by Sara Sprung.
Yarn: Malabrigo Rasta super bulky, in “Arco Iris” colourway.
Mittens, top-down, my own design. Could become a published pattern. Starts at finger tips and works to cuffs.
Yarn: The Sanguine Gryphon’s Zaftig Bugga! worsted MCN, in the “Fierce Snake” colourway.
My favorite sweater - basic top-down raglan formula pattern, by Amber Corcoran.
Yarn: Fleece Artist, Big Blue BFL chunky, colourway "Moonstone".
In the Kitchen:
- My shortbread recipe and butter-tart recipe will be over at my personal blog soon.
- The tricky/disaster caramel apple recipe at the "Your Homebased Mom" site/blog.
The Pagan Corner:
- SARK (Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy) - American Self-Help writer.
- (intro music) Deck the Halls - Doug Boldt
- Hey Santa! - Mr Vegas Man
- Santa Claus is really freaking me out! - Lord Weatherby (not "Leatherby" - sorry!)
- Carol of the Bells - Doug Astrop
- Gifts of the Midwinter - Ken and Lisa Theriot
- In the Bleak Midwinter - Doug Boldt
- In the Bleak Midwinter - Allison Crowe